Friday, December 21, 2007

Genesis

After 6 years as a highly trained monkey in the veterinary field, I've arrived at the conclusion that it may be cathartic to express my various opinions, frustations, and general anecdotes through writing (anonymous as it may be). I promise to try to update frequently, and keep an upbeat spin on things - like most others, my job is filled with some great stuff and some not-so-great stuff on a daily basis, but with th extra touch of pet-induced wackiness thrown in. Hopefully someone besides me finds it interesting.

Some not-too-divulgent background:

I work in a small animal private practice in an affluent suburb - we have two doctors and a close-knit staff, and a steady flow of a "diverse" group of clients and their fur-children. I am a pre-vet student gearing up for application to vet school in the very near future - my life breaks down as follows:

50% of time: Toiling through biochemistry, organic chemistry, anatomy, physiology, physics, and math. Also known as masochism.
30% of time: Placating crazy cat ladies, scrubbing anal gland juice/blood/urine out of my scrubs, looking up lolcats on the internet when the boss goes on lunch break.
15% of time: House/Pet-sitting, aka, eating all your food. Don't blame me, you left a full fridge and a starving college student alone in a room together. Thanks for the check, by the way.
5% of time: Sleeping. Usually sans pillow, as that becomes my cat's official bed at about 2 am.

Anywho, real topics coming soon. I'm hungry now.

No comments: